Rent vs Buy
STILL TRYING TO DECIDE WHETHER TO BUY A HOUSE OR RENT?
Top Reasons to Buy Instead of Rent
1.Build Equity. Put your money to good use by purchasing a home. If someday you chose to move and sell that home, you will see a return for your hard earned cash.
2. Rent Increases. Rents typically increase every year for most renters. On a fixed-rate home mortgage loan, mortgage payments only change if your property taxes change. The principal on your home decreases as you pay and interest rate stays the same throughout the loan.
3. No Landlord. Throw a Party, play your music loud, you’re the boss.
4. Storage. Apartment living can be great when you don’t have own many possessions. However, if you do have many belongings, apartments typically come with a little to no storage or you have to pay for extra storage sometimes in a unit off-site. That can become quite expensive!
5. Home Improvement. Paint, decorate and customize your space. No worrying about losing your security deposit!
6. Pets. Want that cute and cuddly St. Bernard? Go get it, Dogs and Cats allowed!
7. Lower Payment. Right now interest rates for mortgages are low. It’s possible you might be paying less for a home you can own each month!
8. Neighbors. If you are living in an apartment most likely you're dealing with neighbors. With so many people living in close quarters, dealing with noisy, rude, annoying or even dangerous neighbors is a possibility. Home ownership usually means privacy and having at least a little property between you and your neighbors and that can make all the difference.
AFTER 40 YEARS OF RENTING, THEY BECAME HOMEOWNERS!
Watch the testimonial of Don and Charlene of Lisbon Falls who became first time homeowners after 40 years of renting!